Today I've choose to share with you something that can be eaten with yesterday french rolls: carrot hummus!
You will need:
- 200 g chickpeas
- 2-3 carrots
- 3 tablespoon of oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- tahini (if you have, if not, it's ok; I did not used it)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
Scrape the carrots and put them in a saucepan to boil. When they become soft, turn off the stove, let them cool down a bit, and cut in 2 cm pieces. In your blender bowl, put the carrots, chickpeas, oui, salt and pepper, tahini, lemon juice and garlic.
Blend them togheter until they become a fine paste.
And your hummus it's ready, now you can put it in a nice bowl and keep it in the fridge for your morning healthy breakfast.
When to consume it:
- in the morning, as breakfast
- in the evening, as a part of your dinner
- as a snack
- also good as school or work lunch
Why is it good for you:
- carrots= rich in vitamin A, good for your skin, in strengthening your immune system and treating constipation.
- chickpeas= rich in antioxidants, A, C and also vitamin E, so that's why your cardiovascular system, lungs and nervous system are protected. Chickeap it's also rich in iron and phosphorus, that are good for
women, because they lose much iron during menstruation, and for pregnant women, breastfeeding women and children.
Chickpea also regulate the level of sugar in blood and it helps you loss weight or to mentaine your actuale one.
- garlic= first of all, is a natural antibiotic, so it helps you to develop a strong immune system and balances your blood pressure.
Regular consumption of garlic can tone your skin, makes it smoother and strenghten your nails.
I hope that I've convinced you to make this delicious hummus! It a very healthy treat, good for everybody, childrens to grandparents!!!