If yesterday was a bad day, today is a horrible day! I hope that this week will pass very, but, oh, so very fast! I'm feeling that my head it's about to explode and I can't calm down...
Letting this apart, today we have a delicious smoothie! It's one of my favourites and I hope that you will like it too!
Ingredients (for 3 servings):
- 100 g pumpkin pure
- 2 apples grated
- 1 tablespoon honey (or more if you like it sweeter)
- a pinch o cinnamon
- 30 ml cold milk
- grated chocolat for garnish
Put all the ingredients in a blender and mix well. Pour the smoothie in glasses, garnish with chocolat and serve!
Kids love this smoothie! At least, the kids I know!
Why is it good for your:
- apples, eaten daily prevent Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases, because they contain some helpfull antioxidants. Also, scientists claim that fruit peel are substances that has the ability to "burn" calories.
A new study suggests that apples may be, for women, an effective aphrodisiac; the daily consumption of apples improves sexual function and is linked to greater satisfaction of women in private life.
And, of course, an apple a day, keeps doctor away!
- cinnamon, wich according to a study published in Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, it can protects the brain from
Alzheimer. It can lowers blood sugar in diabetes. It is also known as a natural antibacterial and protects us from colds.
- chocolat, wich it's good in making you happy. And if you are happy, your body will be happy too!
- pumpkin, that protects your eyes from serious illness, prevents lung cancer, breast and prostate. It also protects the body from colds and strengthens the immune system and takes care of your heart health because it is rich in potassium.
Other important beneffits:
- prevents the appearance of wrinkles and restores skin radiance
- brings a significant contribution of calcium, essential for healthy bones
- a carotenoid found in pumpkin it is able to protect your joints, reducing the risk of rheumatism
- is useful in diets because it gives a feeling of satiety without providing a surplus of calories